Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Not Part Of Universe

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by thywyn on July 12, 2000 02:47:52 UTC

you know you aren`t really making much sense. (at the least I don`t understand where you are coming from) Let me explain,
1. the "thy will by done" does not give God an eternal nature by that statement. Infinite continuity is a characteristic of the "eternal" I don`t see how that statement gives the subject that attribute. Just because I say that my will will be done, doesn`t mean it is going to happen. That was just an affirmation of Christ saying the God the Father, "Your will be done, not mine." In my view it was Jesus not really wanting to leave his friends behind, but Him sacrificing that.
2. "To say something is Eternal, does not mean to say that Eternity is changeless, but rather that the something we are refering to is changeless. "
this statement is referring to it`s own subject..
something = eternal (comes from first sentence)
eternity changeless
something (eternity) = changeless
3. from a christian paradigm the goal is not to be one with God, but rather follow Worship and fellowship ("all of creation was created for His pleasure"-somewhere in the Bible and is a paraphrase) God created us for fellowship, as it was seen in the Garden of eden. God walked with them physically. He didn`t stand up in heaven looking down at the "little ants" in a sense... He wanted to be actively involved.
4. why would God create something that was going to end up Himself anyway?
5. You actually arguing/responding to this comment, makes you a people who is trying to rationalize this theory. In knowing this why do you inhibit your own understanding of the subject
6.And why would that comment be made "Not my will, but Yours be done." Doesn`t that lead to a conclusion that they were at odds? But if God is one with everything, then everything that is in creation will want God`s will. So why was that comment made in the first place if Christ`s will already matched God`s will? Doesn`t make sense to me..... could you explain it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins