Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jesus Was Christ

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 25, 2003 13:50:32 UTC

Not Christian and that was not his last name.
His first name was not even Jesus. That is the Greek translation of his name. My understanding is that jews did not have last names back then. Neither did christians.

It was clear in his ministry that Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel. He even said so:

Matt.15
[24] He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

So perhaps you could claim that baptism made him a christian. But he had no intention of starting a new religion. He just wanted to reform Judiaism.

For a while christians had to be jews. But by the time it became the state religion of Rome, the gentiles had command of the church.

I think Christianity actually started with the conversion of Saul to Paul and the subsequent transformation by Paul of Christianity into a religion compatible with totalitarian rule.

Good to see your back,

Do you drive a car with MA license plate HARV.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins