Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Eric

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 24, 2003 16:06:53 UTC

That was Jonah, not Joshua.

My bad. I assume you know what I meant.

The Bible (KJV) does not say Jonah “lived”,
but rather “was in” the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

C'mon. He sang a song in the belly of the fish are you trying to tell me he was not alive? C'mon, c'mon, c'mon.

Truly, it seems that all other “stories” pale in contrast if Jesus was truly resurrected.
If God can resurrect the dead, is anything impossible with God ?

Why are you switching the story to Jesus' resurrection? The point of this discussion is that anyone can just say "I believe it". It means nothing except that someone is willing to believe anything simply because it is their religion that teaches it to them.

What He says in the Book is truth that never changes.

It depends on what you mean by this. If you mean that the following quote is God's truth, then I beg to differ:

1 Samuel 15:2-3 "Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and Language Removed."

Is that God's word? Would God say to Saul go kill babies? Is that your conception of God? It's not mine. Nowhere close.

Now you’ve got it -- Except -- the “cause for doubt” is not a “real” cause, only imagined.

What's the difference?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins