Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Easy Questions To Answer

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 27, 2003 23:11:57 UTC

Because love must be a free choice, in His Love, He had to allow men the free choice to accept Him. This necessitates that He had to allow men to reject Him. It is not a choice without the other half.

God, according to Christian teaching, also had a choice to make the universe. It is clear that God would not create a universe that so vast numbers would be placed in torment, even if they choose this route full knowing the consequences.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is (...) longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Your stance does not make any sense in light of this Christian scripture.

This is why I am telling you of another god.
The one that you do not believe in.

Yes, but why do you want people to believe in a devilish god far worse that Saddam Hussein? You have to admit, the far majority of humans would be better off if Saddam Hussein was the god of which you speak. At least hell would only be brought to smaller numbers.

Romans 11:32 "For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all." Yes, He has had mercy on all men. but that does not mean that all men will accept His mercy.

Now you are being dishonest with the interpretation of scripture. You can't have mercy on people's souls and then send them to hell for all eternity.

Rom. 15:9 "and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: "For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name."

Are you saying that this is a song from hell?

Actually, I would simply refer you to Deuteronomy 4:2 and Revelation 22:18-19 for my view on rewriting scripture.

Deut 4:2 "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you."

See Col. 2 "These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship"

Rev. 22:18-19 "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

See Matthew 3:7

Your adjective conclusion added to your withdrawl from even wanting to hear the reasoning regarding the rightly divided context of I Samuel 15 leads me to conclude that my words now fall of deaf ears.

You did give your reasoning to this scripture, it went like this:

"Would God say to Saul go kill babies? No, he wouldn’t now, but He DID then. Until you begin to grasp the holiness of God and His great love for you, you won’t likely apprehend how/why these things happened."

In other words, your reasoning is that God instructs people to do unChristian things, and if you don't do it then you are cut off. This is not a very Christian belief (see Col. 2:20-23).

what do you make of John 16:13 ?

John 16:13 "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

I make of the fact that we no longer need to find harmony in I Sam. 15 with what the Spirit has revealed as evil words. The fact that you do not see this as evil words suggests that you still need the word given to you as milk and not as meat.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins