Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
False Religion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 27, 2003 15:59:27 UTC

While I may disagree with the percentage figure, it may not be too far off.

This is just false religion that portrays a God who has no love whatsoever. God is the worst imaginable tyrant in this perspective. Even Saddam Hussein would show more mercy.

Broad way and Narrow way - God gave good efficient directions. Man is the oine who is inefficient and has trouble following directions.

Again, fundamentalists just don't understand the bible and especially Jesus' words as they are recorded in the Gospels.

Luke 18:25-27 "[Jesus said] it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. And those who heard it said, 'Who then can be saved?' But He said, 'The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.'"

And, here are more words from Jesus as recorded in the Gospel of John:

John 12:32 "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins