Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Interesting

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Oakley on September 2, 2003 02:31:57 UTC

I over reduced science to get a reaction and belittled religion to get a reaction, interesting follow ups thanks.
Science is expanding, has expanded rapidly, due to disassociation with religion, are the majority of scientists atheist? Or are there a growing number of egnostic people?
I believe there are a growing number of people everywhere who believe in something but don't know what it is, egnostic yes? What are your experiences?
If I made science sound sterile that was not my intention, science is the fasest growing err thing in the world, changing every second, making giant leaps, proving itself wrong, chance discoveries explaning life! to an extent, it is the mechanics of life and lets face it life rocks! Love, awe, affection, simpathy these things it cannot properly explain, but without science making our life easier, these feelings wouldn't as strong as they are now. An easier life gives us more time to have fun, love and ponder. A life with more answers is easier on the mind.
I'm going to read more on religion before I comment on it's sterility. Most religions are old and unchanged, people say it's still relevent and it is. It is also powerful, but it has been around for so long that it is just common sense, be good, don't be bad, don't kill people, if you want to be happy when you die. Yes, I do need to read a bit don't I, can you recommend any web sites?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins