Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Strait Is The Gate Narrow Is The Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tim on September 5, 2003 00:12:36 UTC

***I mean as a species- not the christian interpretation***

sorry, actually i'd go along with the species excepting those who find salvation.

---but it does seem to me that science "points" to a power that is greater than nature,---

***My original interest in physics as a pre-teen was that the secret to life, or what some might call god, lies in the microscopic realm of the atom. After a half century, the realm has become the Planck scale. But I still think the secret to life and creation and even god lies more in physics than any other discipline.***

to me what we both reflect above is essentially the same.

*** Faith alone is not enough. You cannot expect god to do the work that you can do yourself.***

right like the old saying goes, "God helps those whom help theirselves." from my own perspective with respect to the trials and tribulations of life it is the faith hurdle that is the most difficult to realize. once i find the faith then the action comes easy. my experience with difficult seemingly 'impossibe' situations is reducible to the following:
an 'impossible' situation presents.
i can't for the life of me figure out what course of action to take. it's as if the problem blinds me to even a thought about God.
i ponder.
i desire a solution that i hope tends toward life.
finally i realize (and this is the faith part) that the influence of God has 'loaded the dice' for me as long as i'm aiming for a solution that tends toward life.
the pieces of the puzzle just fall into place and i end up knowing what to do.
taking the action is then a piece of cake.

***Actually the two opposite predictions of revelations: one that we we die soon in a nuclear holocaust, and the other that we survive for at least another 1000 years, suggests that our fate is in our hands and not god's. I think that we may be the escape clause. It's up to us to rid the world of evil, or at least get it under sufficient control to get rid of nuclear weapons***

i see revelation diffently in that i expect a small remnant to 'be taken up' before the holocaust. then comes the holocaust in which the great majority shall perish leaving another small remnant to carry on for about a thousand years. in this scenerio getting rid of nuclear weapons isn't an option. the escape option would be salvation through faith and action if you will. this sort of scenerio seems required if the revelation is to transpire, that is unless the holocaust is to be brought about by something other than nuclear weapons. also in this scenerio the affect of partaking of the tree of knowledge is still realized.

regards tim

oh yes, thank you for the link.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins