Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Understanding The Social Subconscious

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 6, 2003 14:44:05 UTC

Harv,

I do not claim to understand that social subconscious. But I think it is worth trying to understand how it works.

My hypothesis, based partially on (i) the Dark Matter Theory of Non-local Consciousness as a medium for the social subconscious, something like the collective consciousness of Jung, and partially based on the (ii)anecdotal evidence that mathematicians and physicists come up with similar ideas from their own intuition without the benefit of whisperings in dark corridors, so to speak, is that the

(1)social subconscious is a collective consciousness rather than the physical interaction of a scientific subculture.

Such a hypothesis might explain your observation that:

“At times, multiple people discover them simultaneously which can lead to thoughts that someone has pirated someone else's idea. Yet, the underlying reason wasn't that someone had stolen an idea, rather the particular idea surfaced from someone's subconscious to their conscious at about the same time.”

It would seem necessary that the subconsciouses of individuals have the property of commonality.

Consider your other examples:
(a) A small event having no immediate implications might trigger major upheavals (socially speaking), such that everyone is left asking why is the social upheaval happening, what caused it.
(b) A major event happens (e.g., 9-11), and the impact to society is similar to a psychological scar that happens in any traumatic event that might happen to an individual.

The implication of such data is that society as a whole, if resistance has not been developed, is affected by the universality of the human subconscious and that the universal human subconscious is capable of being traumatized, as though it had properties of an individual.

If so, the human subconscious is one. It is capable of influencing us to the degree that we are amenable to its ideas, which may be more like feelings than thoughts. Yet that one subconscious contains the ideas of math and physics and perhaps everything else any individual has thought of, and the properly trained individual can then access particular ideas associated with their training.

Although the subconscious may be one, it may not be uniform in its properties. The best example of this that I can think of is ‘pack psychology’. Mobs often act as of one mind. Dogs and wolf’s exhibit pack psychology. So the subconscious of each member of the group is influenced by some “local’ properties of the one subconscious. The subconscious may contain what we would call good and evil, and it may influence individual humans in both ways depending on the character of the individuals. It also follows that other species access other aspects of the subconscious. The subconscious does not have to be limited to humans. In lower forms of life, so to speak, it may be responsible for group behavior.

All this experiential data suggests to me that
(2)the subconscious is not of this world, this physical world. Rather it is supernatural.

Thanks Harv for the chance to connect the Social Subconscious to the Axion Condensate Model of Consciousness, which by the way, the Russians thought and mathematized before and independent of the rest of us. Father Jerome in this country described in words the properties of this condensate at about that same time. So my paper, which originally was to be my model of consciousness, turned out to be a survey of previously published consciousness models on the internet.

One question is whether the exceptional individuals like a Wheeler actually invent new ideas, or does he or her access ideas that already exist in some kind of a godhead that could be an extension of the one social subconscious?

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins