Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Term 'supernatural' Does Contain A Charge

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 6, 2003 16:15:12 UTC

However, in this context, I believe it is accurate in the sense that superconductors and superfluids are supernatural processes. The axion condensate, if it exists, is a superfluid.

The supernatural in this context IS amenable to a materialistic explanation, just as superfluids and superconductors are. Yet these materials do not have natural processes like friction. Their processes are more like magic. For example, the flow of electrons as Cooper pairs in superconductor has the rather magical property of avoiding any collisions with atoms as if they know where the atoms are and can steer around them without loss of energy.

My personal view is that in a superconductor, the electrons exist in the wave state and can pass right through the atoms. But isn't that like magic?

So you can substitute another word for the unnatural properties of the medium, but for the average person the term supernatural still conveys the properties of the Social Consciousness that I hypothesize most expediently.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins