Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No Problem

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on July 13, 2003 20:05:29 UTC

Hi Mark,

It's simply "deeper principle or spirit"s all the way down (or is it up?). That's a lot more sophisticated than "turtles".

My guess, though, is that "God always was, always is, and will always be" but She hasn't always been, nor will She always remain, the same. I know, I know, every philosopher and theologian would disagree with me that God is changeable. But I think the evidence clearly contradicts the immutability of God -- just as it clearly contradicts the perfection, infinity, omni-whatever, &c which have traditionally been attributed to God.

You're right about the unfathomable mystery of the exact starting point, but I think we can get past that by starting our thinking about it at some point where God existed. We don't need to know how She got there. In my view, if you go back far enough, you will find that God was super simple at some point and has evolved since then to the complexity we have "now". And there is no reason to suppose that the universe won't continue to increase in complexity.

As I just cautioned Mike, you have to be careful about "time zones" here. All of my references to time were meant to refer to what I call Cosmic Time, and not at all what we mark with clocks and calendars as humans.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins