Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sound Of Silence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 16, 2003 10:47:00 UTC

Hi Yanniru,

I have heard that some people get something called "tinnitus" or "ringing in the ears" but I don't know much about that. That might be some sort of eardrum vibration/ physical medical thing or something. Or it may be related to "the sound of silence".

I was not aware till you told me on this forum that Tibetan buddists knew about the "sound of silence" and the possibilities within it.

As far as I know: anyone can; if they are in very, very, very quiet surroundings (might just be their bedroom at night); detect a kind of "soundless sound"; seemingly "transparent", yet in a way like background noise on an audio tape.

There was a time when television sets emitted a very high pitched background sound you could just detect when the sound on the set was off.

If you have ever operated a camera flash-gun, you may be familiar with the high pitched "transparent" warm up sound that as the flash-gun warms up; becomes so high it seems to become "transparent", a real sound yet somehow transparent.

My own story was: I discovered that it seems that
the transparent background sound (that apparently everyone has all the time but that usually people might not notice much unless in very quiet surroundings and listening); well it is from this sound that the "screaming jet engine sound in my head" during sleep-like state I was in, seems to derive from.

I know it sounds incredible: but it appears that the transparent on-going version of the "sound of silence" may be some kind of "superposition" state of all one's life experiences: like a quantum superposition.

Somehow this "sound of silence" seems to connect to a zone which is outside time.

It may be that if a human being was to "change state"; that is: return to the newborn baby spirit-body co-ordination harmony where one's spirit animates one's whole body; where one's whole body is spiritually transparent (and might be able to teleport); maybe that vibration, that background transparent sound; would become in synch; would be one's body somehow?

Maybe that sound is the connection between the spirit and returning to harmony?

About the "jet engine noise":

In about 1983; having already re-experienced feelings of being like a young child (unexpectedly); and having for some time investigated my history by writing down what I could recall, and writing down dreams; and having done quite a bit of "letting my mind wander and notice whatever exists"; I decided to investigate the process of falling asleep.

I caution people here as to deliberately try to catch yourself falling asleep can lead you into deep water and you might not be very employable if you venture very far; though that is not necessarly undesirable.

After about three weeks of attempting to, but not managing to, catch myself in the very moment of falling asleep; I had that incredible experience of the "noise in my head like a screaming jet engine".

How was I able to slow it down?

I had spent many months uncovering layers within myself I guess; I had met someone willing to listen and let me figure out life; over time I found they were so trustworthy I unexpectedly experienced myself as a small child on one occasion. I had decided to carry out my own investigation of consciousness and I guess I had a lot of practice of "noticing what exists".

Basically: because I was very used to deliberately letting my mind wander but reserving a tiny corner of my consciousness "to be the scientist" sort of; that is; I was used to letting phenomena play out in my head yet quietly noticing what went on non-repressively non-judging just observing to document later.

Basically I figured out I could investigate what goes on in my head; I could be a scientist one might say, in my own mind; I was fortunate I knew someone to discuss what I found with without fear. Also I have a twin brother who I could discuss with.

What I'm thinking is: having got practiced at noticing what goes on at the sleep-wake boundary; I was perhaps used to having a corner of lucidity during unusual consciousness states.

How in fact did I slow it(the noise) down?

Well: I may have been asleep but when this noise experience occured I was in some other state not wake yet not sleep. The "me" that does stuff during the day: that consciousness was present in say just 5% of my consciousness; but that was suffucient that while having this experience there was an ability to react to the experience with this 5% "scientist-observer-explorer" perspective.

It must be like when people (most people would have done this) are dreaming, partly realise they are dreaming while they are dreaming; but like their dream and actually partly direct their dream while their still having it.

If you can partly direct your own dreams; then one can control a noise in one's head?

So there was this little corner of my consciousness which represented daytime lucidity; and that "presence of mind" was sufficient to allow me to explore the jet-engine noise and make discoveries about it.

As far as I can see; anyone could "be a scientist in their own head" and get good at exploring their own inner world.

When I listen to "the transparent background sound" in quiet surroundings; there seems to be a second, lower pitch, more bell-like sound. I think quite likely that aspect of the background sound covers experiences from before birth.

By the way: I had many strange experiences when I did a lot of exploring.

It appears that all your experiences from your past can be recreated with incredible realism.
Really amazing is to feel that you are really physically rising up from your bed and rotating in space (yet I knew this was a "sense-data-replay"; even though it feels I am really floating I know simultaneously what is going on).

I think this may well be my brain re-experiuencing me as a baby being lifteed up in the air or something.

I have also experienced during not-sleep-not-wake state the sense of being strongly gripped by someone: this clearly a baby=experience re-experienced (babies feel things very powerfully; they are very sensitive).

I re-experienced hearing my mother talking when I was newborn age; the corner of my consciousness operating during daytime now; knew that from that perspective my mother's words were understandable; but I did not know what she was saying as I was re-experiencing a baby experience.

Human beings as single "quantum" beings?
Maybe some things that mystify people today (like what they call "Tourettes syndrome" (twitches, sudden movements) are people connecting with their ability to be a single teleportation-capable harmonised being of one "meeting" (quantum); a human is naturaly fully harmonsed within.

Many so-called disabilities may be insights on astonishing abilities in everyone?

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins