Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
YES! It's Cool When Someone Else Points These Things Out...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on June 18, 2003 03:58:39 UTC

~~~Ever been trapped in a dream; struggling to wake up? I once was trapped in a dream; had a real struggle to wake up; actually "woke up" in my dream (but not in the world) but something wasn't right- it wasn't the real wake up! Was a real struggle to REALLY wake up!~~~

~~~I also once was struggling to wake up and through bleary eyes I saw objects in my room but I was still partly asleep and these objects became different (skis might become a person for example).~~~

Combine the two statements above, and you have a recipe for the scariest nightmare ever!

I once had a pretty frightening nightmare about the devil gaining entrance to my house in the form of a poltergeist. The sky outside was a dreary gray, trees were dead and bare, my house was deathly still (nobody home except me), and something just didn't feel quite right. I felt a presence in the house with me, but couldn't explain the eerie feeling I had.

Then, I kept hearing the laughter of children emanating from the back room; the laughter was not that of innocent playing, but rather had a malicious tone to it. There were ghosts in the house, and my front door (the only viable exit) ceased to exist (it had been walled over). This dream was truly freaky!

As I started to finally wake out of it, an overwhelming rush of relief came over me. "It was just a dream," I reassured myself.

I looked over to turn on the light as I noticed that girl Sumara (from the movie, The Ring) standing in my closet staring at me with those cold, dead eyes. She rushed over to smash the lamp, keeping my bedroom in darkness.

I woke up again. This time I really woke up.

I was so glad to be awake, but I started to feel my heavy eye lids closing. "NOOOO! Please No! I'm done dreaming for the night!" I started to doze off, against an outright attempt to keep myself awake. But once again, those 'nonsense thoughts' seemed to take hold of my logical desire to remain awake. Rather than think, "Mark, stay awake man," I was thinking plain mumbo-jumbo and forgot all about staying awake. As I drifted off, I saw the figure of a girl take shape in the corner. Control of my own body was out of my hands; I simply went back into the dream. I struggled to wake my way out of it, but to no avail ... I was simply to tired.

By the way this happened years before The Ring hit theaters, but as the memory of that girl is still fresh in my mind, Sumara (from the movie) is the most accurate description I can offer.

I only get "trapped in dreams" when they're nightmares (naturaly of course).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins