Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dead Honesty Speaks...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on March 9, 2003 04:48:50 UTC

I responded as such, to what appeared to be slanderous comment. More so, I asked myself, after I made such a response / reply to said slander, why was that slander? Well, it couldn't be, because the alledged "slanderer" does not know me, and is only making comments, for what ever reason, based on my limited input in this forum.

When, really, it probably would take years of constant posts to gather a good picture of what I am really like, so that said "slanderer" could perform a full and unadulterated character assassination on me, and then, I might be somewhat offended. At most, I was curious as to why such comment was made towards a post or set of posts that I had made recently. I had not been given an answer as of yet as to why, a simple joke (tale with potential humorous outcome), was construde as possible content that lacked quality, when in fact, the only purpose it served was to make people laugh. That was my intention.

I have to ask though (on a different note), what is the difference between a person who, all of their life, has been raised as a Jew, and one that has converted at some point later on?

A little known fact about me. I am quite the different Jew. I believe strongly in GOD, and have built a solid internal religious foundation, in my heart, as to what I think and feel GOD is, to me, and to the world etc. My faith cannot be rocked-off it's foundation, and never will be. But to most, at a first glance/appearance, I might be one that people see as having little to no faith. I have come to find this out, after many years of being asked about my level of "un-kosherness" to my lack of walking in a temple and taking part in prayer. That, and my overall attitude towards some fellow Jewish brethren who act on faith out of desperation, follow the sheep, and hold attitudes against other people / faiths that are both racist in its own right and being eternally unforgiving, might be why people see me as less-of-a-Jew. But I am not.

It's OK, I know what I believe, and how I feel/think about my faith towards GOD and humanity as a Jew. I am proud.

But under no circumstances would I ever consider myself to be more of a Jew than someone who has taken on the beliefs of Judaism later on in life.

A belief is a belief. That's all it is. A belief's beginning, in a person, should not be a measure of "solidity" within one's self. It is just a belief.

I am going to take a stab as to how the animosity in this forum got started. Here it goes.

Threads were being responded to, and it just so happened, that one day, an opinion was given in regards to a post that was construde as being a bit too harsh? Someone took it too personal. I assume it was quite a while ago, and soon ignited into a continuous stream of upset.

It happens. I have seen it before...

I believe, that this is one great discussion forum. Not only does wisdom ride here, but free flowing opinion does too. Some might think, that this post (this particular off topic post) does not belong here because it does not cover the "Suggested" path of topic. But for right now, I see that virtually no post is heading towards the intended topic, and I see this particular forum being used as snail-chat between posters who are upset at each other.

I did not want to say anything, it really is not my business, but it is difficult and a bit sad to see "Threads of Discontent" being cast at one another.

Again, it happens.

May it come to rest.

Robert

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins