Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank You, Robert

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by M.W.Pearson on March 9, 2003 17:55:12 UTC

Robert wrote:
"so that said "slanderer" could perform a full and unadulterated character assassination on me"

Has there been a "full and unadulterated character assassination" on Robert? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Yanniru has made statements which support the idea that he believes in being "annoying" (in his own words)
on this forum. Applying a sociometric light on
the actual exchanges (before archive receives editing) will show Yanniru following vary many of my posts with strongly irritating verbiage,
devoid of content.

Robert wrote:
" Someone took it too personal. I assume it was quite a while ago, and soon ignited into a continuous stream of upset. It happens. I have seen it before..."

It is more useful to actually measure the behaviors. For example,
IF a careful count shows Yanniru has followed 300 or more of my posts with spammish content (foolish and annoying off-topic comments)
and I rarely follow his posts with foolish and annoying off-topic comments, we have one of the results of such a study.

Such a study is actually possible in an accurate archive. We would need an audit to be sure nobody had undue influence over editing the archives. Yanniru has made financial contributions to the forum. (I would like to have, but have not as yet). Can the webmaster certify legally and scientifically that the forum was not edited in a way that would skew the objectivity of the study?

Robert wrote:
"I believe, that this is one great discussion forum. Not only does wisdom ride here, but free flowing opinion does too. Some might think, that this post (this particular off topic post) does not belong here because it does not cover the "Suggested" path of topic."

Robert, I do not feel this is off-topic in any way!

Robert wrote:
"I see this particular forum being used as snail-chat between posters who are upset at each other."

Yes, this is too bad. By the way, can you tell whether we have been partitioned into several
astronomy.net forums based upon incoming IP addresses? If so, then it is by someone's design that Yanniru is stalking me. I certainly have not enjoyed his personal feedback to me in more than a few instances, nor those of may of his anonymous (and equally hard-talking) co-conspirators.

I knew things were coming to a head when I had to tell Yanniru to shut the hell up yesterday (in response to his continuing Big Lie directed toward me). Before determining much else, I think we have to find out if the webmaster has partitioned this forum and placed Yanniru and me together here.
Thanks for the moderate words, Robert.
Mike Pearson
Ellensburg, Washington

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins