Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Jesus Is One Aspect Of God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on January 20, 2003 15:57:14 UTC

Dear Ezekiel,

I do not believe that Jesus is the entirety of God. I also believe that God is still inventing the universe in the sense that he/she is still developing consciousness on the physical level that then develops itself up the ladder of higher than physical levels and ultimately feeds into the Godhead.

The Ultimate God of the Universe includes both good and evil as well as both male and female. At the most Jesus is or represents only the good and male aspects.

I do believe in what Jesus taught, especially in not praying very much and in praying in a closet where no one can know you are praying. He had many other teachings. But these two are not followed by almost all Christians.

Now for something new. You have heard all of the above from me before.

I believe that God provides input to our intuition, and in particular to the intuition that allows scientists to develop the concepts of science. Therefore, it can be said that God is the creator of science and that the results of scientific investigation published in scientific journals are the modern version of the ancient scriptures.

The ancient scriptures were also scientific in the sense that the latest and best scientific models of the world were included in the ancient scriptures. However, science has improived considerably since then with the ongoing aid of God. So it makes sense to keep up with the latest of God's creations and our understanding of them.

A corollory of this belief is that God cannot, for some unknown reason, give us the whole picture all at once. Probably because he/she can only feed us concepts that we are ready to accept, or perhaps because he/she is constrained by the free will that is already given to us, God just guides the evolution of science through our intuitions; just as God has guided the evolution of our species from lower forms of life.

So creation is an ongoing process that we can participate in simply by developing out own consciousness.

Regards,

Richard David Ruquist aka YANNIRU

Note the name change.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins