Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Have Always Thought That...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on January 20, 2003 17:15:30 UTC

... humans are stupid.

"A corollory of this belief is that God cannot, for some unknown reason, give us the whole picture all at once. Probably because he/she can only feed us concepts that we are ready to accept, or perhaps because he/she is constrained by the free will that is already given to us, God just guides the evolution of science through our intuitions; just as God has guided the evolution of our species from lower forms of life."

I, personally, think we simply cannot comprehend it all, collectively or individually. The brain mass of an average human is 1,350 grams (Albert Einstein's was 1,230 grams). Brain size for functional persons ranges from 1,000 to 2,000 grams (approx.). One section of Einstein's brain was 15% larger than average. Most people believe that that let him become a genius. True genius, with only one section being 15% larger than average? Will we be able to evolve to th extent tha everyone will have that gift? I don't think it matters. Genetic engineering (GE) will beat evolution, or anything else for that matter. Is GE God's way of helping us help ourselves? If we make a super genius, will od reveal more? What do you think about GE? What about cloning? What do you think about the 'no soul' argument?

Regards,

Phillip Martin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins