Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No, You Have It All Wrong

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 15, 2002 05:15:28 UTC

***What you are saying is that as long as I believe in Noah's ark, you will say I am irrational and want me out of the forum. This is the same as me saying this: As long as you insist that life somehow arose from non-living material I will continue to say you are irrational and that you should be removed from this forum.***

Invalid analogy. I am not saying a philosophy is right or wrong. I am saying that rational reasoning is not deployed here, and it is aggrivating to have to justify rational thinking when obviously you have no concept to what is rational. If you want to believe in Noah's Ark, there's nothing wrong with that. But, just don't try and pass this off as some rational perspective which makes all the sense in the world. If you are obligated to believe something because of your religious views, then just say so. However, you won't admit this. Instead, you try to pass off your arguments as soundly answering the questions which only makes you appear that you do not belong on a forum where people discuss rational views of science and religion. Your views are not rational, so why do you try to pawn them off as such?

***You are not arguing with me about the flood, you are just saying I am irrational and trying to kick me out of the forum.***

You have shown yourself to be irrational and arrogant. I don't see any reason why you should remain in the God and Science forum where you would probably fit in much better in a Funny Room for discussion. I think having all the irrational posters in one place will be a much more pleasing experience for those folks and having the rational, serious people in the forum where they have been all along and have enjoyed as a fun pasttime. You guys are just trolls who hunt around for serious sites and probably find great joy in halting serious discussions. I would rather you experience the disappointment of being transferred to a sub-forum where you belong, rather than to see the rest of us (who were already here) be disappointed seeing what you have done to this forum.

***It is clear and consise, and eveything is say is completely feasable. If you disagree, please point out exactly where I am being irrational. Don't just say I am being irrational, show me where I am being irrational.***

I'll ask you again. Do you want a list of all the dinosaurs and mammals and insects that would have to fit on the Ark? If you see this list, then obviously only an irrational person would still consider it feasible to put that many lifeforms on one Ark. The fact is, you don't need to see that list because you know what that list will show, therefore you must be irrational and do not belong on this forum. Admit it, you found this site by someone who simply posted a link to this site and hasn't shown up since that time. We were stuck with you since then, and you have degraded the forum as a result.

I'm seriously thinking of leaving this forum for good because of you two irrational kids. It is not fun having to post replies to a young kid who has no clue and who only retorts with arrogant replies. The Funny Room idea is a serious attempt on my part to salvage this forum before I give up on it. I can find sites where they do kick irrational people off the site and intelligent and rational people are the winners of that site.

Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins