Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Consequences --- Or Do You Not Think There Will Be Any?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on October 13, 2002 18:09:13 UTC

Harv wrote:
"You've let your fundamentalist religious views take over your perspective of what is true."

Some troll wrote:
"No I haven't I have just told you what the bible says not what my views say."

1) "Bible" is capitalized. I've mentioned this to you before.
2) There are consequences for representing views not your own. You might share responsibility for their crimes. For example, when fundamentalist Christians blocked UN funding of sex education in Africa, they helped create the climate of ignorance there where AIDS runs rampant and children are raped by AIDS carriers who believed rumors that AIDS can be cured by having sex with a virgin. That report was on National Public Radio. Do you dispute it? Epidemics of AIDS and related diseases are destroying some African countries. Now, the only safe place in Africa for some persons is a church tent. Christianity is reportedly growing by leaps and bounds. There will soon be an army of African Christians who are anti-UN and anti-liberal regarding American Constitutional liberties. So, by some ways of reckoning, the fundamentalists have success!
However, that puts fundamentalists on a potential enemies list for they have made themselves enemies of other persons of good faith who believe in a just and loving God...who are not fundamentalists.
3) I am not telling you my views, but someone else's: several attempts were made to liquidate the Christians, who actually do have some ethnic
patterns in their leadership.
Do you want folks to post here who will explain such views although not their own?

I don't.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins