Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hope That I Am Bot The Richard You Refer To

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 1, 2002 12:19:48 UTC

But I do have a comment on your understanding of information:

***The new combination does not create new information, but just mixes old information. Thus after millions of years you get the same thing, since no new information is added. ****

In information theory, every different combination is new information. So your understanding is incorrect.

Just think about it. When you scramble the genes, which happens with every conception provided it is not immaculate, then you obtain a different person from either parent. Therefore, there has to be different information content.

Regarding your claim that no mutation has ever been positive- that seems to be an element of your belief system for it certainly is not scientific. If you think it is scientific, please tell me how any scientist can prove or even provide evidence that all mutations are negative.

Regards,

Richard

PS: Cloning is a form of immaculate conception where only one set of genes is received by the offspring. But since Mary was female and Jesus was male, a different set of genes had to be provided to get a Y chromosome. Does that mean that God has DNA?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins