Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Holoscience

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 24, 2002 21:37:53 UTC

DoctorDick asked me to review this site- named HOLOSCIENCE- before discussing Dark Matter with him.

http://www.electric-universe.org/

I suggest you read it to find out what kind of physics DoctorDick knows.

This is what DoctorDick believes in.

***At the level of the atom, the Electric Universe model takes a lead from the work of Ralph Sansbury, an independent New York researcher. Foremost is the simple recognition of the basic electrical nature of matter and the primacy of the electrostatic force** in matter interactions. It also rests upon the simple assumption that the proton, neutron and electron are composed of smaller charged particles, orbiting each other in a classical sense in stable, resonant orbits. That is, the energy exchanged between those sub-particles in elastic deformation during each orbit sums to zero. Being charged, the sub-particles interact via the electrostatic force. A simple calculation shows that the sub-particles that form an electron must travel at a speed far in excess of the speed of light - some 2.5 million light-years per second, or from here to the far side of the Andromeda galaxy in one second! So the electrostatic force must act at a speed which is almost infinite on our scale for the electron to be stable. It is the stable orbital resonances of these sub-particles, both within and between particles that give rise to the phenomena of protons, neutrons, electrons and atoms. Other denizens of the particle "zoo" are merely transient resonant states of the same charged sub-particles. The so-called "creation" of matter from energetic photons is an illusion in which pre-existing matter is reorganized into new resonant states that give the impression that a particle has suddenly materialized. Antimatter is a misnomer since it too is formed from the same sub-particles as "normal" matter except that the total charge is mirrored. Matter cannot be created or annihilated. ***

So even though DoctorDick claims to be able to derive quantum mechanics from sample theory, he actually does not believe in the quantum mechanics of the atom. Seems also to negate observed anti-particles, along with much of the rest of high energy physics. I label him a holophysicist. The creationists need his kind of thinking.

Actually though I found nothing on this site about dark matter. I suspect he mistakenly thought he was giving me the same link he gave us in February, something like electric-cosmos.org, which discusses the possibility that MOND can replace dark matter. The current issue of Scientific American deals with MOND, and its limitations, and indicates what established physicists think about it. Basically it's a good curve fit with no physics to back it up except for dark matter theory as discussed by Turner, a renowned atrophysicist.

So perhaps he does not believe in the electric universe. His strongest belief seems to be that I am incompetent. In so I am apparently in fine company. I am in agreement with mainstream physics.

Not he

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins