Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Two Way Hosin'... I Want To Know More Varieties Of Relativity !

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on July 26, 2002 04:58:36 UTC

Without myself contradicting Dr. Dick, Bruce, I think what you write makes sense! If you are this wise, perhaps it would not hurt to play the elder statesman yourself. It says to walk on eggshells when criticizing another's models that work pretty well...

You quoted Patrick Reaney:
"Einstein's concept of space-time
is free creation of his mind. It does not need
to represent a THING ontologically and thus there is no circular reasoning..."

It says a person may depart from Einstein's model to explore actual physics of the universe. Unusual angles and tangents may be part of that.

for the record I am completely comfortable with Einstein being "Man of the Millenium" as some folks named him... it doesn't matter that much ! and it's nice to have an eccentric, esoteric thinker in the Chair. Looking for ways around him and his models is just part of being frisky and relaxed with him...like being his friend in Heaven!
Bruce, which are YOU saying MORE?
1) Dr. Dick's ideas about relativity say very little of value, illustrate very little of value, and are mathematically primitive.
2) regardless of Dr. Dick's ideas, he ought not to have attempted to defeat well-tested models while presenting his own comments or pointing to an alternate arena of possibilities..
3) nothing...you're not responding to this
( in which case please answer in ALL CAPS! :-)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins