Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Insufficient Information?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 19, 2002 04:00:08 UTC

Hi Mike,

I'm not clear which item I have not adequately challenged in your view.

I showed some questionable elements in your arguments. Also my comments on the apparant gap in personal history knowledge by humans showed there was insufficient information to draw conclusions that would deny unborn-child humanity; while that gap remained.

I could further back that with argument about recall-ability in young children and the nature of recall-blanks in adults.

Quoting: "I think what you have done is formed your opinion
and will endlessly seek arguments in its favor."

If that were true I would hardly be as open to debate as I am. In any debate one of course seeks information to counter the arguments of the other party, and to back one's claims. It is up to you to seek evidence to back your claim, as it is up to me to produce evidence to back my claim.

There is nothing wrong with my seeking arguments in favour of my opinion or my eyewitness experience. If contrary arguments collapse because of the strength of the arguments I have, it is a possibility that the contrary arguments are in error.

Your situation seems to be that you allegedly have insufficient information to decide the issue; but that might not always be the case.

Often in life people take a stance on something based on partial information. I claim that the mutually available scientific information on unborn humans is such that; even though it may leave you and I both with incomplete information, it backs the view of the humanity of unborn children from conception. Opposing arguments are often easily shown to contain fallacies or errors in logic etc.

dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins