Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Consequences

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 23, 2002 08:59:23 UTC

I agree that there are many areas where people do not figure out accurately what they are doing; and killing occurs along the way to some other objective they are seeking.

But I do not think that the consequences of abortion are "least consequential". In the last 20 years up to ONE BILLION babies world-wide have been executed in this way. No other holocaust compares. That is a significant proportion of the total number of humans that have EVER lived!

By the way, I never said that I live in the United States. However, in the U.S. I expect that for example, a story about floods and lives lost will take more space in the press, if it occurs in the U.S.; because newspapers cover local stories more. But same applies to any country. And a story of floods taking lives in some, for example, little known African country would get less press coverage.

But the lives of those who perish in the little known country are no less real. Similarly, although very young babies losing their lives does not get much coverage or impinge on daily consciousness so much; the lives are no less real.

The whole adult world apparantly acts in many destructive ways towards children. The abortion industry represents a degradation of human values. People may have once argued that the slavery of Negros was not important an issue compared with other issues. Maybe they were wrong.

Maybe Kc2gwx can add to this.

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins