Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on June 23, 2002 09:20:33 UTC

Quote: "Did the 3-month old babies give a full interview?"

It was an experiment conducted I think in England and reported internationally. A search of key words on the internet might dig it up.
The researchers played the music to the babies when they were 3 months before birth; then replayed it to them one year after birth.

False assumptions: "seed-human" is rhetoric; it is reminiscent of the fictious illness "drapetomania" invented by those who wished to coerce Negroes into slavery. When the slaves tried to run away it was alleged this was caused by "drapetomania". For the record, modern psychiatry is chock full of fictitious illnesses ascribed to people. This is done as justification for coercing them to obey some socially invented rule of behaviour; or for relieving them of responsibility for their actions.

Hockey does not involve deliberate killing. "We are talking about what point our society may insist on dictating a person's behavior." You seem to think that it is O.K. to attempt to dictate the behaviour of an unborn child, but not dictate the behaviour of the parent. I say there is NO POINT where the behaviour of a human should be dictated.

Quote: "I do not think persons should be compelled to carry a pregnancy to term unless they have carried it about three or four months and the baby is becoming self-aware. The hearing of music is not self-awareness, even if you have proven they recognized it."

There is no evidence that babies are just becoming self-aware only at 3 or 4 months; or even that your version of "self-awareness" is even relevant. Adults do not even understand adult self-awareness, it appears.

You had better define what you mean by self-awareness, and how you propose to test for it.

The Nazis understood that "jew" incorporated the idea of extermination. By attaching the word "seed" to human you are exercising dangerous political rhetoric.

Humans of all ages have the choice whether to kill other humans or not. I am just saying that when someone chooses to kill, they kill.

The use of "seed" is political propoganda!

Cheers,

dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins