Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Shlock

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 6, 2002 04:03:08 UTC

I grow weary of your willful misunderstanding.

"The Law states that the government may not create an offical religion not that the religion can't get into government."

The issue is, what constitutes a state-sponsored religion? I would consider teaching creationism in schools to qualify, hence, it is illegal.

"In it he states that the Law will be a wall created between the government and the church. TO PROTECT THE CHRUCH FROM THE GOVERNMENT'S CONTROL NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND."

Absolute shlock. First of all, whether or not it was in the opinion of ALL the founding fathers, Jefferson wanted religion out of government for the sake of government, not religion. He hated orthodox christianity. I posted a list of quotes by him and his colleages, and you read them. Here, Aaron, refresh your memory: http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/17422.shtml?base=90

Whenever fundamentalists infest the government, bad things happen. Inquisitions, crusades, jihads, and holy wars abound. Pull your head out of your keester, meester. If you don't like religion being forced to stay away from government, move to Iraq and enjoy their enlightened leadership. And don't force your religion down other people's throats.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins