Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Let's Remember "what About Science"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 7, 2002 19:37:07 UTC

Hi Rich
You wrote
"But on the whole scientists and educators are pretty honest a self-policing. Just think of where science would be if they had the ethics of politicians and/or lawyers. It's best to keep both science and religion away from politics in order for each to flourish."

Now you write:
"The advancement of science has been based on the publication of papers that have had peer review.

I hope you will grant me that peer review amonuts to self-policing.

I also hope you grant me that science has advanced.

If so, then I believe I have made the case for science. "

Response:
If you are defending the original proposition,I think it is still necessary to show that science and education are less political than the legal systemm and better at self-policing. If it is obvious to you, it should be even easier to prove. Will you walk us through it?

Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins