Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bad Karma, Man...bad Karma

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 31, 2002 19:49:56 UTC

Jesus Mike, don't be so dramatic!!

"Yesterday the "biologist" wrote:
"We will pay the price for our collective arrogance when nature pays us back and wakes us up from our "independent" lifestyle from her (mother nature).

Today, the "biologist" wrote:
"I am not giving nature human qualities, if that is what you are implying.""

Do you not believe me that I have a degree in biology? Are you that stubborn?

I was, using a little creativity, trying to get my point across that humans have separated themselves by nature (via religion and industry) and when our arrogance catches up with us.... watch out. Why is that so hard to stomach for you? Do you not agree that we have turned our back on the natural world with our relentless obsession in burning fuels, mining and destroying land, deforestation, and overall apathy towards preservation. You are as naive as Aaron and Sam if you believe that nature is not changing due to our behavior. I am not in the camp that believes the world will end, though. I believe we are changing our climate and destroying the natural cycle of things. It will disrupt our economy, agriculture, population densities, and cause famine and wars in other places. Do you think our behaviors will lead us to a better enivironment? I have heard many different scenerios by different groups (NASA, NOAA, Greenpeace to name a few) and nobody is predicting that we are making anything better.

So you can go on playing devils advocate and questioning my intentions, but I think you are the only person in the forum that thinks I am a fake. You have questioned my integrity, my intelligence, my credentials, my identity (Scott, not Cliff), and my overall person. I have not jabbed at you that personally. As a matter of fact, I have stated openly that I respect you, I think you are witty, intelligent, and have a lot to offer the forum. You have never paid me one such compliment or even tried to get to understand me. So go on - tell me how stupid you think I am. We are all waiting.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins