Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 30, 2002 16:11:49 UTC

For bringing those points back up to the front of the pack. I had forgotten how profound I can be from time to time.

"existence can be reduced to neural responses to environmental stimuli."

You breathe in air, you take in food, most of us have sex to reproduce (I know you are still trying Mike, but some are just late bloomers), you sleep to rest from daily functions, you defecate to get rid of wastes, you die. I believe, on the surface, we are at the mercy of our surroundings and we have an enlarged brain to cope with the stresses. I am not alone with this line of thinking. I never claimed to make it up. It is part of evolutionary psychology, ever heard of it? It is still fringe, but I think it will make progress in the future. I believe that it makes sense with my experiences and from looking at things rationally.

I am glad you think so highly of me to research all that I have said. I take that as a compliment. With a work ethic like that I am suprised that you have been overlooked by the "network". Maybe I could write you a letter. I have a few "in" contacts at various places. I could cash in a few favors.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins