Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pay Not Attention To The Rabid Dog Behind The Curtain

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on May 30, 2002 15:54:38 UTC

I think we'd better!

Regarding the charge by Dog Potty that
I won't let folks explain their views...
he still hasn't explained how "existence can be reduced to neural responses to environmental stimuli." I asked him how that can be done, since he claimed to be a reductionist

He logged into the forum with insults but hasn't even read earlier posts, so he brings up all the same topics without carefully defining the terms.

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/16063.shtml the Dogpuddle wrote:
"I assumed I would be crucified for my comments, but instead you waded through my negativity and answered my question - Bravo!!"

Response: He still assumes too much!

That guy ccontinued

"I guess I would have to refer to myself as a reductionist. I think existence can be reduced to neural responses to environmental stimuli. All of philosophy is beautiful and poetic, but basically egocentric to the human viewpoint. I mean 10,000,000 species of insects could care less - they are programmed to reproduce and die. Isn't that what we are here to do. Isn't it possible that our advancements in science, technology, and to a certain extint religion is an end product of boredom? Our brains are wired to "think" our way into survival, maybe contemplation is nothing more than an offshoot, or byproduct of evolution only useful to us."

Response: Sowhat would cause this guy to have a conscience, or keep him from falsifying his science? Only the fear of being caught !

P.S. I could not name all Five Pillars of Islam
nor explain the plotline of the book.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins