Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Little Bita Psycology

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by S.H. Le on November 18, 1999 03:27:53 UTC

I've spent alot of time supporting evolution, because I believe it is an overall sound theory. Here's something that seemingly contradicts evolution.

Sigmund Freud (although some of his theories have been rejected) predicts that all humans have a pleasure drive (always seeking to improve one's lifestyle), as well as a death drive. The death drive is less obvious but displays the kind of negative things that are self inflicted. Like for instance, someone who smokes and knows it's harmful but does so anyway. Perhaps these pleasure/death drives are intertwined (pleasure from satisfying the addiction). My question is how could this death drive ever evolved? It seems contradictory to whole premise behind evolution.

Any ideas???

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins