Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's KC2GWX

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 22, 2002 18:56:52 UTC

All you had to do to find my name was look four or five post down. Not that hard. It's KC2GWX, after my ham radio callsign. Anyway, to answer your questions.

"If a guy came to you with no tangible evidence and told you that he was Christ incarnated and was here to bring salvation to the earth - would you believe him? If he said he was the son of God brought back to the earth to bring peace and tranquility - would you believe him? If this man said he had no proof other than a message from God of goodwill toward man - would you believe him?"

Everyone will know when Christ returns. If you don't believe in him now, it will not be a happy day for you. So, the answer is no.

"What if the guy who said he was Christ came down with 5 new commandments - would you follow them and change your views of religion?"

No.

"Are you willing to admit that creationism could be revised or discarded when new evidence comes to light? Are you willing to agree that science "evolves" and religion doesn't? My guess is no."

Good guess.

"You have avoided the questions I ask from day one."

Not really, I just choose to argue the scientific
evidence, not the theological end of it. The point
of this forum (in my mind) is to argue scientifically if God created the earth in 6 days.
I guess you can argue religion if you want, but I'm sticking to science. KC2GWX 73's

P.S. K3w4dr902's? K2w3po? Have you even heard of a ham radio operator?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins