Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Okay

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 23, 2002 03:38:46 UTC

"To answer religion as if religion must
comply with the requirements of science
is to jump ahead and solve the wrong problem."

Very well, however what Sam is doing is just that: jumping ahead from a basis of faith and then requiring scientific evidence from others. I haven't gotten pissed at him like Scott has, but I can certainly see where his frustration comes from.

You do have a point though. I'd be interested in talking about the merits of the scientific method versus faith or intuition.

"whether or not a religion embraces old earth and evolution does not indicate how good the religion is."

I guess it depends on how you define good. If you mean it brings people together, promotes love and community, then yeah, who needs evolution? But personally, if I had a religion, I'd like it to be as objectively accurate as possible.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins