Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Responce

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on May 14, 2002 00:55:48 UTC

"Christianity, historically speaking, has killed more people than Islam (crusades, Inquisitions, crusades, witch trials, crusades)" The crusades were a responce made to and Islamic invasion done by what I call the curpted church or catholisim. The same with the inquisitions. The witch trails were made by people who were really just wrong for killing them. After all let him throw the first stone who has not sinned. Also please don't confuse cathalics with christains. They have man made laws mixed with one that were made by God. They think the pope is christ one earth! At lest some of them any way. Some even worship Mary! Although I'm not saying that all catholics are evil and bad. I just know that they have interpereted scripture wrong and have add bad things to the mix.

"Samar'ia shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open."
..........Hosea 13:16

It is a prophecy, not a belief statement.

"For the wife does not rule over her own body, but the husband does..."
..........1 Corinthians 7:4

You forgot the rest of the verse:

"The wife gives authority over her body to her husband, and the husband also gives authority over his body to his wife."

"For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation."
..........Exodus 20:5

Yep he is jealous. Why do you think that he is going to judge peoplefor worshipping other Gods.

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."
..........Numbers 31:17 (Moses)

Yes that is how one goes to war. Islam would take all women married or not. At lest Israel didn't take married women. Also these people were evil!!! They sacrificed their own children to their Gods! WOuld you let a bunch of Natzis live next to you on your land with the knowledge that if you didn't kill them they would kill you because you are jewish?

"Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ...."
..........Ephesians 6:5

Yes this is true. Tell me if you were a slave and you wanted to convert your master to chirst. Who would your master listen to a slave that is good or rotten. Also it is christ like to be obidient to those who are above you untill they tell you to do something that is wrong. The Word isn't saying do anything for them, but be obidient. After all let us say that your master is against Christains because he think that they are all "evil." Because of this he capture and kills them out right. If you are a Good slave he might not kill people. It is not saying that slavery is right, but that those in that situation should act like christ would.

I have to go I hope to reply to more of these. Oh and sorry if I sounded rash in my other posts.
Bad day, but that is no exuse so I ask for your forgivness.

MGBY

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins