Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Wow.. I Am Amazed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 13, 2002 18:25:11 UTC

That was not very well thought out!

Mutation is not always detrimental to the organism. And yes, sometimes mutations will add to the survivablility of an orgainism.

Adaption and evolution are basically one and the same. You agree that adaption to an environment takes place, but you don't think that is evolution! That is absurd.

I am not going to argue with you about the point because you are obviously not going to change. Are you a biologist? Are you a student of biology? What are your qualifications and/or background in the field?

You sound like someone who so wants the childhood fairy tale your mother told you to be true that you will do anything to defend it. Relgion has been crumbling since Newton, Galieio, and Copernicus. Fundamentalism is the outcry of your dying breed hell bent on feeling special in an insecure world. I really don't care what you think about evolution or the age of the earth, but I want you to answer this for yourself. Do you seek truth or do you seek vindication? I used to be like you, but the opposite way. I hated religion so much that I would do or say anything to degrade it. I still have fun in here with my alter ego Cliff Riley, but I have mellowed out as I got older. Not to say that you should change, but I think I understand your situation (or maybe I am a blowhard who doesn't know a freaking thing).

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins