Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am A Blowhard...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 13, 2002 20:18:38 UTC

But one that is qualified to comment on biological evolution.

Yes, microevolution leads to macroevolution - providing you have a few hundered million years of genetic recombination.

Do you know what a species is? It is not some animal that is unchangeable. Same species organisms have the ability to reproduce. When these organisms have been separated for a period of time they may acquire new traits that make them unable to mate. They then become new species. Have you ever noticed how subtle the differences are between fish and frog? Between salamander and lizard? Between man and chimp? The differences are subtle, but those differences produce large changes in phenotypes. Change is really not hard to imagine - it is the stand still nature of organisms against the backdrop of environmental pressures that you preach that is hard to swallow.

You sound like a Bob Enyart(sp?) program or John Ankerberg infomericial trying to sell salvation. I will not call you names anymore. We can politely agree to disagree on this. I am telling you that evolution provides a way for us to see other organisms as our equals and to be cherished and loved (as well as eaten responsibily... I love red meat). If you want to go on believing that all evolutionists are out to turn the world into atheists then that is your problem. Some of us are thoughtful and full of spirituality and humanity. I just can't imagine living in a world of biblical literalism. It just isn't so!

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins