Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Comparison: Language

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 13, 2002 22:00:57 UTC

No offense to those who currently speak either of these two dialects I am now making a caricature of:

Old English: Verily do I bid thee greetings on this most Hallowed of days, my old friend. Prithee, may I borrow two pounds for my supper this coming night? I thank thee. Lamentably, now, I must go and tend to my wife's earthly needs.

Ebonics: Whasssaaaap, dawg? Damn, man, I gots ta git me some dope tonight, can I borrow a twenty? You da man, mah brutha. Catcha later, brutha, I gots to go bang mah bitch tonight.

It's the same way with species. Minor varations over time render the same species so different that no communication (copulation) is possible. Adaptation is evolution in the short term, evolution is the long term accumulation of adaptation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins