Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry About That 7 Years At Harvard!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on May 11, 2002 12:49:57 UTC

Richard,

Then let me put it another way: I proved that it was always possible to force the knowable data to any desired set via the rule F*psi=0.

Now, having proved that, let us open up F to any set of arguments. And let us also open up psi to any function. Now F*psi is no longer zero!

However, the constraint F*psi=0 is the one I want to satisfy. Now notice that F is a massive sum! The rule F*psi = zero is not a rule on each term, it is a rule on the sum! The rule may be satisfied without requiring any given term to be zero!

The situation is exactly analogous to the fact that, in the center of mass system, the total momentum of the system is zero; however, the momentum of individual parts in that sum need not be zero!

As I said Richard, this is elementary stuff!

Please, think about it a little! I am not trying to insult you. I am sure what you learned at Harvard was very valuable but it does not appear that you have a good grounding in theoretical physics.

I would love to get over this hump -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins