Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hello

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ian on May 6, 2002 02:52:22 UTC

Hello, again.

As far as science knows at this point in time the age of the universe is about 14 billion years old. Of course that is an estimate. The amount of data that needs to be collected for an accurate measurement is still ongoing and I bet it will be ongoing for a long time. I think the evidence points more to this than the universe being 6000 years old. If the universe is 6000 years old, explain a light year to me.

What evidence points to the universe being only 6000 years old?

I do not believe in organized religion. Religion is personal, whatever it may be. I do not choose God over Allah, Allah over Yaweh (I know they are all the same), I do not choose God over Buddah or Buddah over Zues. Tell me how one chooses a particular almighty being over another? Faith is not science and it never will be. What makes Christianity any more valid than Hinduism?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins