Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yes And No.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aaron Viviano on May 7, 2002 00:53:24 UTC

"Buddhism and Jainism are other basically nonviolent, peaceful religions where all life is loved. "

While I'm not sure about Jainism, haven't heard of that one mabey I just never seen it spelled out, I do now in Buddhism one is supposed to put out all of ones feelings. How crule! It may be a religion of peace, but not one of love and it is truly love that Jesus taught, it must come first and then peace will follow. If one empties ones self of all emotions to reach what ever perfection your trying to reach, what use is it if one can't feel love?

Buddhism can't be a religion of love because it tells you to get rid of it. Not only that that, but do you know that there are thousands of rules, even more for women, that one must follow to reach perfection? Yes there are a few in Christianity, but most of those went out when christ died on the cross and rose again. Yes I can eat pig! :-) Any way saying that it is peace may be true when it comes to violence, but it empties ones soul of feeling, and didn't not Christ Jesus himself say "Do not fear the one that can kill the flesh, but the one that can kill the soul." Not that they can, but they come freaking close!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins