Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Expect More Of You Than That Harv!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on April 9, 2002 16:04:28 UTC

Harv,

You are being sloppy again!

***** Harv:
According to Dick's model the amount of information available to our senses cannot be infinite and still be examinable, therefore maybe we reached the end of the information! *****

First, you are confusing the idea of "Logic" and the idea of a "model". The "logic" statement I made was that, if the information to be examined prior to proposing a model was infinite, then, as the examination of the information cannot be completed (from the definition of "infinite"), and no model can be proposed. That is, no model can be based on an infinite amount of information. I never said the information available was finite! I just said: if it is, you can't examine all of it!

Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins