Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
"Warm Urine"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 9, 2002 19:33:39 UTC

Why is it that I get the feeling I was just urinated on by your scathing wit? Are you dismissing the quantum theory of reality as "good movie making material"? The fact of the matter is that I know and understand most of the questions I am asking. I am a college educated science major and am familiar with the western culture of philosophy (Hume, Locke, Dewey, and so forth - you know the stuffy, white, biased approach to philosophy). Again, I must say that existence can be reduced to random encounters of subatomic particles and that is it!!! All our science and philosophy is only useful if you perceive the world as a human, and does nothing for us other than give us the illusion of order and symmetry as seen from our vantage point. I think we are all hung up on fundamental truths and the beauty of mathematical formulas and rational logic. Those things only get us, the humans, through the day. So we go on patting ourselves on the back for all the great things we have done down here on little earth, and pretend as though we "understand" things about reality when, in essence, there is no reality, no time, no now - just internal response to outside stimuli. A macroscopic view of the random and chaotic microscopic reality that is.

Just putting an umbrella for myself - Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins