Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
End Of Days

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 2, 2002 22:11:04 UTC

I hesitate to introduce a discussion of scripture on a forum that has become so steeped in axioms, language and meaning. I even picked up Noam Chomsky's latest book, but I do not understand it. My oldest son and his son used to be buddies in Junior High School, but I never met him.

Anyway I noticed in today's Metro paper, a Boston subway newspaper, that in Kenya in a National Park or Wildlife Preserve, a lioness has adopted her third antelope. According to the Metro lionesses normally eat antelope. But in this case the baby antelope is only a few days old and the lioness even lets the mother nurse the baby.

That reminded me of a prediction which I think is in the Hebrew Book of the Prophet Jerimiah that the end of days will happen when a women court men and when lions lie with deer(or something like that).

This article, plus the apparent intentions of both Hammas and the Israeli govt to initiate an all out war to settle their problems once and for all, has reactivated my doomday paranoia(sp?). And of course 9/11 probably fits the prophecy of the last book of the Christian Bible the ends with the return of the lord.

Any comments. Or is this too much like religion for this forum? Should we look for the Messiah in Kenya? Should we hope that the light that makes Kenyan predators lovable spreads up the coast to the middle east?

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins