Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Weak God Or Gods

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 3, 2002 23:04:02 UTC

My opinion, based on how I see reality, is that a supernatural exists, and what humans have called god or gods exist, but the latter are weak. They are not creators of the universe but are rather more like angels.

They can be more powerful than humans in the sense of having more info available to them- like they read minds. But in terms of actual physical influence on the world, I think that humans as a whole are much more powerful. I base this on my observation that the so-called god or gods spend so much time trying to influence us verbally. If they were truly strong, why bother to influence us. Why not just make what they want happen.

Instead they seem to create conflict and use the conflict to achieve good ends- totally the ends justifying the means.

So for this to be true, I think these gods are just some higher order beings that know how things are bound to go and are trying to help us survive. It follows that we can sometime in the future, perhaps after many births (on the physical or higher levels) be gods for some other fledgling planet. At least that is the thought in some recent Hindu writings, like the "Autobiography of a Yogi".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins