Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So, You Have No Qualifications At All, Harv?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Residential on February 22, 2002 05:00:51 UTC

Harv posts no qualifications ever
and uses only his first name. Real openness.
In my opinion, his "god and science" posts are long vague things usually, and filled with "hinge terms" which keep any sentence from being evaluated as a logical assertion.

In my opinion, Harv mainly weasel words. The right word makes a point. A weasel word makes it seem something was said, but it's very hard to find what it was -- if not impossible.
I happen to have read a lot of good science authors and have been an editor in a large technical corporation.
I have made pointed suggestions
how Harv could actually write instead of just
typing baloney. Some others have
suggested Harv is out of this world, too.

When he was right, I supported it, such as when he
suggested photon acceleration is an exception to
Newtonian equations on acceleration.
But Harv also has a tendency to simply stonewall rather than be honest in ordinary dialogue. He should admit he has been very mistaken and very much lacks knowledge in some basic areas, and that he had been deceptive in trying to avoid admitting when he was mistaken. Anything short of this just continues the pretense that he is corresponding in an honest way with the forum as a whole.

Mario has twice volunteered to respond to
me in a topic area, then virtually dropped the ball. Now Mario is "helping" Harv in this little
volley. Who are you, Mario?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins