Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God Likes Athesists

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 27, 2001 16:55:23 UTC

That is my opinion, even though I am not one. I base this opinion on the Christian Gospel, the place where Jesus says that god likes people to be hot or cold and nothing in between.

The athesist who is moral with no expectation of being rewarded for honesty and morality, must be in the highest regard in the eyes of god. The person in my personal experience who most exemplified such a person is Hans Bethe, professor at Cornell and Nobel Prize winner. When I worked at AVCO on ballistic missile defense, he was a consultant there. I had to present all my work to him. One time I had a dilemma. He solved that dilemma mathematically for me. So I got to know what a completely moral person was. It was not me, I admit.

As I have said before on this forum, scientific geniuses are so good that they can afford to be extremely honest. That is one reason that science works so well. The best scientists are completely honest and even humble, as they realize their own limitations. And so I cannot help but think that god is completely behind the scientific enterprise, even though it is personed by athesists for the most part.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins