Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
An Honest God!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 28, 2001 15:09:18 UTC

That is my endeavor- a god supported by scientific truth. Religions have always used the science of their day to make god honest. However, usually the science stopped when the religion became dogmatic.

Happened in Islam in the 13th century. Before that Islamic science was way ahead of the rest of the world.

I am encouraged by Moses who left rules for creating new laws. He had the foresight to realize that a static religion could not survive. It's not clear that the Rabis took him seriously, for I see little evidence of their use of the rules laid down by Moses. So Moses was not fundamentalist. He would have welcomed the new truths discovered by science.

It's time that all religions recognized the truths of science and incorporated them into their religion, just as they did at the inception of each religion.

Well, actually, Islam took 500 years to develop and incorporate their science- but they made the profound mistake of stopping. They were actually following the rules of Moses. They had it all, the best of all religions as well as science, and they threw it all away being going conservative.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins