Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
If It Were _really My Opinion, Would I Live It?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on November 28, 2001 07:25:17 UTC

Alpher, Bethe, and Gamow ... I met Mark Twain
more deeply by reading his books than I ever met many persons with whom I have worked. You are even better acquainted with a variety of
wonderful and quite human beings.
Nice atheists can always say, "God doesn't need theology, so probably is an atheist." But the natural world's living creatures have been groping toward survival all these millions of years, and some theology has interested some of our best mathematicians and scientists...for theology has been our groping too. How do you know it's not part of our pulse of higher life? The brain is not all neurons, and thinking may not be all nuts and bolts. Even the universe may not be all nuts and bolts.
You invoke an atheist paradigm but don't really believe it . . . And imply humility is a great virtue. It's all true, but it's not the only truth. Many fine thoughts seem somehow lost in time because it's unclear what to do with them. However, if thoughts can create a national sports system with its legends, its farm system, code of ethics, a complex of media deals, etc. then, surely (Hi, Shirley) we can assemble an honest God -- the noblest work of Man. An honest Mankind is the noblest work of God...yes, very circular.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins