Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Predict...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 23, 2001 07:44:27 UTC

...that this will be another 'dead-end' with you-know-who.

Paul, you and I seem to be asking the same thing, and it seems to be pretty straightforward stuff. Yanniru answers these things concisely, but he doesn't come around that often, and the "lay-folk" like you, me, & Alan are stuck with Alex -- someone who, instead of answering 'I don't know,' 'nobody really knows,' 'we only infer this from the redshift,' (or some other answer consistent with the question), repeats the same answer eleven different ways.

It's a roller-coaster ride. One moment I convince myself "Yes, this guy really is the person he claims to be: a physics Kandidat with some small contribution to string theory"; at other times I find myself thinking, "This guy is a real Forrest Gump!" I used to tell myself it's a language thing, but questions like the one at hand are simply too fundamental to be lost in the translation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins