Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Stop Picking On The Old Ladies

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 18, 2001 00:20:13 UTC

Alex,

Give me a break. You don't honor my sincere Quid Pro Quo requests, yet you expect me to honor a duplicitous one like this?

Although it hasn't been so long that I've completely forgotten f=mv, or the PIE chart in basic electrical calculations, I could easily find this stuff in an old textbook. But your challenge is not designed to test my math/physics skills; it's another way to make you feel better about yourself (by making others look silly).

It's kind of like you've placed a 96 year-old woman in front of a boxer, and declared, "If you're such a good fighter, then beat this woman up!" Is the boxer really supposed to get worked up about a 96 year-old woman?

Again, I challenged you to provide us with some citations of folks who agree with your view of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem, and you haven't (probably can't).

So, you solve the following problems, and I'll give yours a shot:

~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's one from a kindergarten book --

7 + 1 = ___

This one has stumped second graders, so let's see if you can even get close.

How about this one --

12/3 X (5 + 4) = ___

Or this one, from a sixth grader's textbook --

Factor x² -y²

Oh, and last, but not least:

√2

How about it, Alex... are you bright enough to solve these?

(Drumroll...)

We shall wait with much anticipation to see if the great physicist can solve these problems...

~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins