Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Background

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 1, 2001 15:18:05 UTC

PhD in electromagnetics from Harvard in 1966. Studied with Bloembergen and Purcell. Press conferences with Kendall. My pedigree is reasonably pure.

Is it not interesting that Alexander equates photons to incoherence when he knows I am sure that photons are a measure of energy, not coherence?

But my thesis goes much further than "that photons do not exist in free space". I contend that our picture of the world is based entirely on particles, like photons, which only exist for instants of time. Waves exist most of the time. Yet we cannot see waves without first collapsing them. Therefore, what we see is essentially an illusion.

Furthermore, this also occurs in the brain. Our quantum, wavelike mind is invisible to us. What we see is the collapse of brain waves(not what are usually called brain waves like alpha, etc.) into images and sounds.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins